With Porte’s #DoorToChange³ program, your spending habits can automatically spread goodness year round. As a member of the Porte Community, you are able to select a partner charity to receive donations based on your spending patterns. These donations don’t cost you anything and support great causes.
Already have the Porte app? Select Support a cause that matters to you from the dashboard. From there, you can select one of Porte’s three charity partners:
- Save the Children. Save the Children believes every child deserves a bright future and provides early education programs and resources to children in rural America living in poverty.
- The Humane Society of the United States. Be an advocate for animals, and help make lasting change with the Humane Society of the United States, the nation’s largest animal protection organization.
- GLAAD. GLAAD rewrites the script for LGBT acceptance. As a dynamic media force, GLAAD tackles tough issues to shape the narrative and provoke dialogue that leads to cultural change.
If you’re looking for more ways to give this holiday season, we recommend taking part in GivingTuesday. What started as the simple idea in 2012, has turned into a global moment where millions of people designate the Tuesday after Thanksgiving to do good. This year GivingTuesday falls on December 1. Below are 4 ways you can participate in the generosity movement.
Give Your Time
Using your time to volunteer at an organization is the most straightforward way to do good. If you don’t have a cause you’re passionate about, take time to learn about the issues within your own community. Using the resources listed below, you can find organizations who are looking for volunteers to help support their mission:
- GivingTuesday’s official site allows visitors to search opportunities with organizations who are part of the GivingTuesday community
- VolunteerMatch.com organizes search results based on causes you’re passionate about (e.g. Advocacy & Human Rights, Animals, Education & Literacy, Arts & Culture, and more)
- All For Good is an open source website that allows users to find and share volunteer activities
- Idealist is the number one resource for people to find jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities with nonprofit organizations around the world
Give Your Dollars
If your time is limited, consider making a donation to a nonprofit in honor of GivingTuesday. Using GivingTuesday’s website, it’s simple to find U.S. Community Campaigns or a Global Movement to put your dollars behind.
A little goes a long way for nonprofits. From $1 to $100, every penny counts.
Give Your Talent
Did you know many nonprofits are understaffed and are operating on small budgets? It’s true. Often nonprofits don’t have the resources to fully fund marketing, HR, or technology. Nonprofits rely on the generosity and talents of others to help drive their mission and expand their reach.
By using Taproot Plus you can easily connect with nonprofits who could benefit from your skillset. Simply create your free online profile, then browse and apply to available opportunities. Most opportunities can be done remotely, making it convenient and far-reaching.
GivingTuesday is more than donating your money or volunteering your time to nonprofits. Everyday, little acts of kindness build a foundation for larger changes.
Send a card to someone to let them know you’re thinking of them. Pick up the tab of the person behind you in the drive through. Give a compliment to a stranger. Have a conversation with the store clerk. Hold the door (or elevator) for someone. Pick up a few pieces of trash on your next walk. Your options are limitless.
From donating time, money, and kindness, to enrolling in Porte’s #DoorToChange, it’s easy to spread goodness and give back year round. What ways are you planning to spread goodness this year?